|Children's Rights Service|
Barnardo's Children's Rights Service is commissioned by Fife Council to provide an independant Children's Rights Service for Fife children and young people.
Types of Support
- Advocacy and Representation
In the majority of circumstances representational support is undertaken on a one to one basis. The role of a Children's Rights Workers is to advocate and represent the views and opinions of children and young people. They can help and support children and young people to participate in meetings, or putting their views in writing or speaking on behalf of the child/young person at meetings.
- Advocacy at Child Protection Case Conferences
Children's Rights Workers can help and support children and young people before, during and after Case Conferences by explaining what will happen at the meeting, help and support them to participate at the meeting or putting their views in writing/speaking on behalf of the child/young person at the meeting.
- Advice and Information
We can help with advice on a range of children's rights issues.
The Service contributes to Fife Council's training programme to raise awareness of Children's Rights in Fife.
- Children and young people aged 0-18 years who are Looked After by Fife Council either at home, with Foster Carers, in Residential placement etc.
- Children and young people who have a disability
- Children and young people who have a planned Child Protection Case Conference - either Initial or Review
- Increased awareness of rights
- Learn advocacy and associated skills
- Contribute to planning and decision making
- Views and opinions voiced and acted on
- Referrals can be made by children and young people themselves, professionals working with the child/young person such as a Social Worker, Teacher, Health Visitor, etc, or by a family member on the child/young person's behalf.
- Referrals can be made by calling the Service and asking to speak to a Children's Rights Worker or a referral form can be emailed direct to the Service.
Tel: 01592 651482
- Email: email@example.com