What we do
We believe that each area of the child’s life impacts on other areas and we therefore take a systemic approach to working with the child and the family. An important part of the child’s experience is their schooling and we therefore spend a lot of time supporting schools, as well as the child and family. We look at what changes are necessary to engage and maintain the child in mainstream education.
Since 1999 the team have used a variety of methods to achieve this aim, including:
- systemic family therapy,
- counselling including sleep and g-map counselling,
- family and individual work,
- curricular support, volunteer befriending, playground support, sibling work, class support and whole classwork e.g. circle time,
- groupwork: self-esteem, anger management, social skills, peer negotiation, conflict resolution, nurture and seasons for growth,
- holiday and community activities.