Doncaster Young Carers Service
- Do you help care for someone in your family who is ill or disabled?
- Does someone depend on you for support?
- Do you worry about how they cope when you are not around?
We support children, young people and families who help care for a family member at home due to them having
- Physical illness / disability
- Sensory impairment
- Mental ill health
- Drug or alcohol misuse
Looking after a person might mean:
- listening to them and keeping them company
- cooking meals and making drinks
- visiting them in hospital
- looking after their brothers and sisters
- cleaning and tidying the house
- providing personal care
- doing shopping
- helping with medication.
How do I make a referral?
It is important to us that families are involved in the decisions that affect them, so we only accept referrals where the young person and parent (depending on the age of the child) has been included in the referral process and given permission to share their information with us.
Families can refer themselves over the phone or by requesting a home visit from a worker to complete the referral form. Professionals can complete the form with the family and post it to us.