Barnardo's Supporter Charter
Barnardo’s supporters are at the heart of our work. Without your support, the charity would not be able to fulfil its ambition of delivering better outcomes for more children.
This Supporter Care Charter sets out our commitment to you – our supporters.
We respect and value you:
- We will never share or sell your name, address or other personal information with third parties.
- We treat your data and information safely and securely at all times.
- If you tell us that you don't want to be contacted in a certain way, we take notice and honour the request.
We are interested in your views and your experience:
- We will make it clear how you can get in touch with us and make this as simple and easy as possible.
- We welcome your views about what we are doing and the and ways you feel we might improve.
- We are honest and transparent at all times. When things go wrong we’ll acknowledge our mistakes and work quickly to put things right.
- We treat all complaints seriously and will investigate them promptly and respond to you as soon as possible. You can access our full complaints procedure here.
When you support Barnardo’s we will:
- Administer your donation efficiently, putting your gift to work quickly.
- Acknowledge and welcome new supporters and provide information and insight about Barnardo’s work and how your support makes it possible.
- Use your donation wisely and responsibly. Wherever possible, we will respect your wishes if you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work.
- Keep you up to date on how your support is helping to deliver better outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- Wherever possible, communicate with you in ways that you prefer, adapting them to suit your needs. Or we won't communicate with you if that is your choice.
When you contact us by phone, e-mail or letter we commit to:
- Respond to your enquiries in an open, honest, courteous and professional way.
- Provide a response to your questions within two days (usually sooner) or let you know when you can expect a response if we need to investigate further.
- Treat your information in a safe, secure, sensitive and confidential way.
We are always happy to hear from you:
Barnardo’s Supporter Care team can be contacted from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday on 0800 008 7005 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , or you can write to us at Barnardo’s Supporter Care, Tanners Lane, Barkingside, Ilford, Essex. IG6 1QG.
- Our Fundraising Practices
- Our Fundraising Complaints Procedure
- Barnardo’s Vulnerable Persons Fundraising Policy*
*Not yet available online.