Housing Advice and Bond Scheme Service
The Advice and Accommodation Service provides support and advice for young people who are homeless. It has 2 services:
What is the bond guarantee scheme?
The bond guarantee scheme assists young people aged between 16 to 25 years old to access privately rented accommodation by issuing a bond certificate in place of a deposit.
How can we help you?
- we issue a bond in place of a deposit on privately rented accommodation up to an agreed limit (set as the equivalent of four weeks' rent)
- we explain the details of the scheme and offer support to potential landlords and young people
- we give young people advice and guidance on where to look for affordable properties.
What does the bond guarantee cover?
- any damage to the property
- theft or damage of any items that were logged on the property inventory, at the commencement of the bond
- up to four weeks' rent arrears.
Who can access the bond guarantee scheme?
- any 16 to 25 year olds who are homeless or potentially homeless (singles/couples/families)
- those who are on low incomes, benefits or just struggling to raise a deposit
- those who wish to live within the Wrexham County Borough area
How do I access the bond guarantee scheme?
A referral and bond application needs to be completed with the scheme co-ordinator. Please contact Compass on 01978 317092 to arrange an appointment.
We advise young people between the ages of 16 to 25 years about accessing accommodation within the Wrexham area.
We can assist young people who are homeless, threatened with homelessness or forced to sleep on the sofas of friends/family.
Unfortunately we don’t have access to housing accommodation, but we can help by:
- completing housing applications for WCBC and all the housing associations in Wrexham
- liaising with WCBC homeless department, estate offices and housing associations
- advising on benefit eligibility (if appropriate) and the impact on housing benefit entitlement
- completing referral forms for the homeless hostels i.e. Foyer/Hurst Newton/The Wallich
- referring clients to specialist organisations (if appropriate) i.e. Tai Hafan, Keyring
- referring to Compass bond guarantee scheme (if appropriate)