This is a 3 part challenge on an almost entirely off-road course around northern Europe’s largest man-made lake, Kielder Water, in Northumberland.
The first run stage takes you on the first 11km* of the Kielder Marathon Course to Transition 1 in Kielder Village.
The next stage sees you take in the North Shore on two wheels, covering 25km* you will return over the impressive Kielder Dam to the South Shore and Transition 2 on the approach to Bull Crag Peninsula. We would recommend mountain bikes, hybrid bikes or cyclocross for the bike section. Traditional road bikes are not suitable.
The final stage is a 6km* run taking in the final stages of the 10k route and the stunning Bull Crag Peninsula and back along the Lakeside Way to the finish at Leaplish Waterside Park.
*Distances are approximate and challenge can be entered as a team of 3 with each member participating in a stage each.
Why join Team Barnardos?
- A dedicated events team to support you every step of the way.
- Support and inspiration from celebrities, sport therapists and experts in nutrition.
- A comprehensive training guide for every level of fitness.
- An exclusive Barnardo’s fundraising pack
- A free Barnardo’s t-shirt to wear on the day
Contact Kara Gillies for more details of how to sign up
Join Team Barnardo’s today – You Can Do This!