A demanding but rewarding challenge, trekking along the winding, stony path of the Great Wall of China
Our founder, Thomas Barnardo came to London 150 years ago on his way to become a missionary in China. He was so appalled by the poverty he saw, that he decided to stay and he opened his first Ragged School for orphans in East London in 1866.
Make today the day you sign up to take part in the Great Wall of China Trek. Complete Thomas Barnardo's journey and help us ensure that we’ll always be here for the vulnerable children and families who need us the most.
"The Great Wall Discovery was an amazing adventure, a real challenge of the mind, body and spirit. I feel so lucky to have participated in such an incredible experience. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!" Laura Marney
6th - 15th October 2017
13th - 22nd April 2018
13th - 22nd September 2018
5th - 14th October 2018
Why join Team Barnardos?
- A dedicated events team to support you every step of the way
- Unrivalled advice through training, nutrition and every aspect of your challenge
- All the fundraising support and guidance you will need
- Recieve a high performance Barnardo's challenge top
- You'll be supporting the UK's most vulnerable children and young people