The TrekFest - Peak District has something for everyone – whether you are new to trekking and want to complete your first 25km, or if you are a seasoned trekker wanting to tackle the extreme 50km.
The Peak District is home to some absolutely stunning scenery and more than lives up to its reputation as one of Britain’s most inspiring National Parks.
It is also home to some equally stunning climbs, including the moorland plateau, Kinder Scout. Part of the moor, at 636 metres (2,087 ft), is the highest point in the Peak District, the highest point in Derbyshire and the highest point in the East Midlands. The Peaks TrekFest challenge routes encompass an impressive network of footpaths and bridleways, including parts of The Pennine Way and The Pennine Bridleway.
- Join as an Individual or as a Team
- Four routes – a challenge to suit every ability level
- Trek at your own pace – over 24hours to complete the 100km route
- Event village with camping, parking, showers, toilets and food – Make a weekend of it!
- Bring friends and family to savour the atmosphere and cheer you on
- Free hot meals, snacks & drinks en route to keep up your energy levels
- Manned checkpoints at regular intervals throughout each route
- Complimentary bag transfer service for 75km and 100km routes
- Fully supported – expert outdoor staff on hand every step of the way
- Fully route marked – minimal navigation required
- Pre event support to prepare you for the big day
Push yourself further in 2017 and help us support a wide range of children, including those with disabilities, children who have been sexually exploited, young carers, and young people in care.
Payment Option A – Registration fee + Minimum sponsorship
You pay the registration fee and in addition, you commit to raising the relevant minimum sponsorship for Barnardo's.
50km – £60 registration fee + £300 minimum sponsorship per person
25km – £45 registration fee + £165 minimum sponsorship per person
50% of the fundraising target (either £300 or £165) must be received by Barnardo's, no later than 6 weeks prior to the challenge. At this time, Barnardo's will pay the cost of the challenge (25 km = £50 or 50 km = £90 ) from your minimum sponsorship. The other 50% and pledges for the remaining sponsorship must be sent to us no later than 4 weeks after completion of the event.
Payment Option B – Registration fee + Self-funding balance
You pay the registration fee AND the challenge balance. Although there is no minimum sponsorship requirement, but we encourage you to raise as much as possible to help young people.
25 km – £45 registration fee + £50 challenge balance = Total cost of £95 per person
50 km – £60 registration fee + £90 challenge balance = Total Cost £150 per person
Six weeks prior to the event an invoice will be sent to you for the relevant challenge balance shown above.
Payment Option C – Discounted total cost at registration
You pay the TOTAL discounted cost of the challenge at registration. Although there is no minimum sponsorship requirement, but we encourage you to raise as much as possible to help young people.
25 km – Total cost at registration = £85 per person
50 km – Total Cost at registration = £140 per person
Sign up to join our team for a challenge of a lifetime!