TrekFest has something for everyone – whether you are new to trekking and want to complete your first 25km, or if you are a seasoned trekker wanting to tackle the extreme 50km (31miles).
The Brecon Beacons run through the centre of South Wales and are the training ground of the SAS. As you can imagine, The Beacons routes will provide you with an extreme physical workout and a psychologically taxing challenge, crossing the highest peaks in South Wales including Pen y Fan (886m), Corn Du (873m), Cribyn (795m) and Fan y Big (719m) – we can guarantee a spectacular charity challenge!
The Beacons ‘TrekFest Village’ is based at Brecon Showground and has loads of facilities available for participants – showers, camping plots and hot food served regularly. All the challenge routes will start and finish at The Village.
Push yourself further in 2017 and help us support a wide range of children, including those with disabilities, children who have been sexually exploited, young carers, and young people in care.
- Join as an Individual or as a Team
- Four routes – a challenge to suit every ability level
- Trek at your own pace – over 24hours to complete the 100km route
- Event village with camping, parking, showers, toilets and food – Make a weekend of it!
- Bring friends and family to savour the atmosphere and cheer you on
- Free hot meals, snacks & drinks en route to keep up your energy levels
- Manned checkpoints at regular intervals throughout each route
- Complimentary bag transfer service for 75km and 100km routes
- Fully supported – expert outdoor staff on hand every step of the way
- Fully route marked – minimal navigation required
- Pre event support to prepare you for the big day
Payment Option A – Registration fee + Minimum sponsorship
You pay the registration fee and in addition, you commit to raising the relevant minimum sponsorship for Barnardo's.
25 km – £45 registration fee + £165 minimum sponsorship per person
50 km – £60 registration fee + £300 minimum sponsorship per person
50% of the fundraising target (either £150 or £82.50) must be received by your chosen charity no later than 6 weeks prior to the challenge. At this time, Barnardo's will pay the cost of the challenge (50km = £90 or 25km = £50) from your minimum sponsorship. The other 50% and pledges for the remaining sponsorship must be sent to us no later than 4 weeks after completion of the event.
Payment Option B – Registration fee + Self-funding balance
You pay the registration fee AND the challenge balance. Although there is no minimum sponsorship requirement, but we encourage you to raise as much as possible to help young people.
25 km – Total cost at registration = £85 per person
50 km – Total Cost at registration = £140 per person
Sign up now to join our team for a challenge of a lifetime!