Independent Support Service Bradford
Independent Support Services have been set up to help parents, children and young people with the new Education, Health and Care Plan Needs Assessments, which are replacing Statements of Educational Need and Learning Disability Assessments. In Bradford the service is being delivered by Barnardo’s. Our aim is to support families with children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs through these new reforms.
What can we do?
Our Independent Supporters can support you by being fully involved in all decisions about your EHC plan, in order to acheive the best outcomes for you. We can:
- Help with the transfer of a current Statement of Special Educational Needs or Learning Difficulty Assessment, to an Education, Health and Care Plan
- Help you to request a new Education, Health and Care needs assessment
- Provide information on personal budgets
- Signpost to other sources of information, advice or support as required
How can we help?
We will provide parents with a named person who can:
- Share information about the new systems and local processes
- Help you to work with a range of professionals to gather information
- Help you to prepare for transfer review meetings or meetings about your EHC plan
- Support you to attend meetings and share your views
What is an EHCP and who is it for?
The EHCP and The Person Centred Connection
Tel: 01274 513300
Email: Bradford Independent Support
Facebook: Bradford SENDIASS